Summer Sidewalk Sale in Progress-Thurs-Sat, July 22-24th
If you have clean cotton fabric left over from some of your projects, we can make special use of these leftovers.
The Volunteer Auxiliary of Advocate Good Shepherd Hospital uses cotton or flannel to create small patient pillows to comfort them on their recovery.
Since we are making small pillows, fabric scrapes need to be at least 21 inches by 12 inches. Please note we do sterilize all donated fabric before use and distribution to the patients.
Can I buy and donate fabric?
YES, we appreciate all fabric donations. Nice children’s fabric with cute characters always appreciated as we hope these characters bring a smile to the child staying in the hospital.
Items Catchpenny Accepts:
· Gently used and clean clothes (ladies’, men’s, teen’s, children’s and infant’s)
· Purses, shoes, jewelry
· Dishes (please not damaged)
· Linens (in good condition)
· Pictures and frames
· Small sports equipment and clothing
· Books in good condition (no text books or encyclopedias)
Items Catchpenny Cannot Accept:
(due to space limitations)
· Electronics of any kind
· Kitchen appliances
· Cameras or cell phones
A donation receipt is provided upon request. The Auxiliary of Advocate Good Shepherd Hospital is a qualified 501(c)3 organization #36-2169147
Donations accepted during open store hours (10am-4pm on Tues-Sat.)
PLEASE do not leave items outside the store exposed to the elements. Items left might result in your generous donations being discarded.
Proceeds derived from the Catchpenny Resale Shoppe, and other Volunteer Auxiliary Enterprises provide support for:
· Advocate Good Shepherd Hospital’s initiatives to improve patient care
· Scholarships awarded to qualifying local students to pursue healthcare education
· Patient Comfort Items (handmade pillows, tray favors, etc., made by volunteers)
Do you have option for "No Contact" Drop off of donations?
Yes, we now offer Contact Free Donations
Leave your donations at back door in our new large black bin with Donation sign. Take a receipt from envelope, if needed. Ring door bell and be on your way.
Donation bin only available
Please do not leave donations outside unless bin is out to receive your donations.